Refund and Cancellation Policy
When an applicant accepts a place offered by Regional First Aid and pays the fees, it means a binding contract is created between the student and Regional First Aid. Notification of cancellation/withdrawal from unit/s of competency, withdrawal or deferral from a course of study must be made in writing to Regional First Aid
In the case of cancellation/withdrawal, the following cancellation fees will apply:
A full refund will be given if;
- We cancel a course.
- You give at least 10 working days’ notice.
- Where a group booking has been made 72 hrs notice is required or we reserve the right to charge a $150 cancellation fee
A booking fee of $25 will be charged on all accounts upon cancellation for setup of all resources.
- Please note that if you fail to attend a course and no notification has been given the course fee will not be refunded.
- Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment fees less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (25%) by Regional First Aid is required to cover the cost of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the student’s initial intention to undertake the training. Enrolments into short courses (one day) can also be transferred to an alternative date in cases where there is one available.
- Students who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
- ONE transfer will be given at no cost if at least 72 hrs notice is given, an alternative date in cases where there is one available will be offered. No refund will be given after a transfer.
- In the event that illness or other unforeseen circumstance should prevent an individual participant from completing a course for which full payment has been made to Regional First Aid, the participant will be offered a place in another course free of charge in order to complete the qualification, If the student can demonstrate that extenuating or significant personal circumstance led to their withdrawal (a doctor’s certificate may be requested) a refund may be given. All cases will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by management
Where refunds are approved, the refund payment must be paid to the student within 14 days from the time the student gave written notice to cancel their enrolment. Tuition refunds are to be paid via electronic funds transfer using the authorised bank account nominated by the student on the Refund Request Form.
Note. If for any reason Regional First Aid is unable to fulfil its service agreement with a student, Regional First Aid must refund the student’s proportion of fees paid for services not delivered.
Fees and charges are available on request from your trainer prior to enrolling into this course. Fees are also displayed on our website. There are no additional fees associated with your training, except for cancellation fees & replacement of resources.
Students who require replacement of issued learners’ resources or workbooks will be liable for additional charges to cover the cost of replacement. Charges are currently $10 for replacement of resources.
The Standards for RTOS 2015 require Regional First Aid to inform persons considering enrolment of their right to a statutory cooling off period. A statutory cooling off period (which is 10 days) is a period of time provided to a consumer to allow them to withdraw from a consumer agreement, where that agreement was established through unsolicited marketing or sales tactics. These include tactic such as door-to-door sales and telemarketing. A statutory cooling off period allows a consumer to withdraw from a sales agreement within 10 days of having received a sale contract without penalty.
It must be noted that Regional First Aid do not engage in unsolicited marketing or sales tactics and therefore a statutory cooling off period in not applicable to our students who have enrolled into a program. For refund option in other circumstances, students must refer to the refund policy